A central hub for all Catholic jail, prison, and detention ministry efforts in the United States. Promotes ministry to all people affected by incarceration. Recruits, trains, supports and empowers those called to this ministry. Strives to create a more just and merciful criminal justice system that upholds the dignity of every human person and advances restorative justice. Offers:
- A shared virtual space for best practices, interest group dialogue, and collaboration;
- Educational webinars and a database of organizations and resources;
- Prison ministry formation opportunities and chaplaincy certification for dioceses, and Catholic organizations;
- Support of ministries serving victims, the incarcerated, those who work and minister in these contexts, and their families;
- Opportunities for joint action and legislation on behalf of criminal justice reform, and promotion of restorative justice practices; and
- A professional development pathway for the next generation of jail and prison ministers and change agents.