A statement from Sojourners, signed by a diverse group of religious leaders around the country, that reaffirms 6 key tenets Christianity:
- Each human being is made in God’s image and likeness.
- We are one body.
- How we treat the hungry, the thirsty, the naked, the stranger, the sick and the prisoner is how we treat Christ.
- Truth is morally central to our personal and public lives.
- Our churches and our nations are part of an international community, whose interest always surpass national boundaries.
- Christ’s way of leadership is servanthood, not domination.
In addition there are related resources including a Bible Study, & Civil Discourse Curriculum. Learn more.