A resource from the Center of Action and Contemplation, that follows Jesus’ path of simplicity, justice, and inclusivity with a counter-cultural movement, an “alternative orthodoxy,” that values vulnerability and union over power and independence.
The Franciscan Way: Beyond the Bird Bath offers a unique window into Franciscan thought and practice with Franciscan Richard Rohr. Invites participants to step outside of their comfortable ideas and habits to move into new experiences of God, self, and others and dive into the ocean of God’s love that knows no boundaries or limitations.
- Cultivate Franciscan wisdom in your daily life through reflection and engagement with Fr. Richard’s teaching.
- Expand your awareness of the themes and founders of the Franciscan way, including the Alternative Orthodoxy, Univocity of Being, and the Great Chain of Being.
- Develop contemplative practice(s) to support freedom from the dominant ego self.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward unitive consciousness.
In this self-paced, 7-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with fellow learners from around the world.
- Participate in a guided study through videos and readings from Fr. Richard and others.
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the course material.
- Explore new material every week (released Wednesday mornings, US Mountain Time).
- Spend the first week familiarizing yourself with the course format and features.
- Invest 2-4 hours per week on the required reading, online discussion, and personal reflections. Supplemental readings are optional and may increase your time in the course.
Cost: $120 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.